The club holds an annual photo competition.
This is usually held in August. For this year's date go to the Club Night Programme.
The categories are:
- People (People doing tramping things!)
In addition to a prize in each category there is a Supreme Winner (determined by the judge) and a Most Popular Photo (voted by the members present).
Winning entries from our competition are automatically entered into the FMC photo competition.
- You can enter a maximum of 3 photos in each category.
- Photos must be submitted in printed form (matte or glossy) and be 6 in x 8 in (15 cm x 21 cm).
The exception is for a panoramic photo, which must not exceed 10 in (25 cm).
There can be a little tolerance in size to allow for cropping but anything considered too large or too small will not be accepted.
- Photos must be taken within the current or preceding calendar year and may not have been entered in any other photo competition.
- The only adjustments allowed on a computer are cropping, sharpening, stitching of panoramas and tonal or exposure adjustments. No other digital adjustments are allowed.
- Photos must be taken within NZ, unless they have been taken on a club trip overseas.